Sunday, March 30, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Betta Fish Care Additional Tips:
1. Once you select a new betta fish to be your fish, though the beta fish can live in a small bowl, it will be a nice idea to bring in a bigger bowel or a tank of 1 gallon. See that it tank is not very large and you have difficultly finding the betta fish hiding in some corner. Betta fish care additional tip #1 buy a reasonable sized bowl or tank, so you don't feel that you are torturing your new beta fish.
2. If you buy a bigger tank or bowl for your betta fish, you can change three-fourth of the water in your betta fish bowl or tank and instead of cleaning the bowl every week you can clean it once in a month. Betta fish care additional tip #2, change three-fourth of the water once every week and clean the betta fish tank once every month.
3. Make sure that you add tank accessories to the tank to make it a home to your betta fish. Make sure that the accessories you add are soft as the beta fish long flowing fins may get teared. Betta fish care additional tip #3, add accessories to may the bowl a home to your betta fish and make sure you add soft accessories.
4. Make sure you cover the tank properly, else the betta fish may jump out and fall to die like it happened with my first betta. Betta fish care additional tip #4 cover the tank.
5. Make sure to place the bowl somewhere in the room where it is easily for you to see it, after all it is there to enhance the beauty of your home. Beta fish care additional tip #5, arrange the bowl somewhere in the room where you can watch your beta fish regularly.
The are the five tips to be remembered while have a beta fish in your home.
Betta Fish Care
Bowl: Beta fish are okay in small containers. The betta fish can breath air directly like humans with the help of the labyrinth organ situated on their head. Betta fish can also breath like other fish with their gills. Betta fish care tip # 1 is small bowls are okay for the beta fish.
These betta fish are also called Siamese fighting fish because they are very territorial and fight when any other fish enters their territory including other betta fish, no not event a female betta fish. If you add a female betta fish, you will end up with a dead female betta fish with in minutes. So, betta fish care tip #2 is keep only one beta fish per bowl.
Betta fish bowls should be kept away from the areas where the temperature is very hot or cold. The temperature should be maintained at around 70 to 80 degrees. Betta fish care tip #3 is keep the temperature between 70 and 80 and avoid hot and cold areas to keep the bowl.
Feed you betta fish up to 3 times a day with the food you bought from the store. And don't over feed it. Betta fish care tip #4, feed up to 3 times a day.
Clean the bowl and change the water once a week as the water becomes dirty. Use water which was kept for a day for removal of chemicals, transfer your betta fish to this water and clean the bowl. Clean the beta fish bowl without using any soap is preferred, but you can use a mild soap and rinse the bowl and other rocks and plants thoroughly and then transfer the betta fish along with the water to the bowl. Betta fish care tip #5 change water once a week (duration can change depending on the size of the bowl).
Betta fish is also spelled a beta fish. It is a beautiful little fish in brilliant colors and long fins. The fish is created by the Creator but the beauty is assisted by humans through selective breeding. It is nice to have a small little beautiful living thing in your living room and also funny to see the aggressive fighting beauty
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
My first betta fish which I actually bought to make my 3-month old daughter happy and able to appreciate life was a shining blue one which was an absolute beauty (though it is male I prefer to call it a beauty). My daughter loved it very much.
Unfortunately, not knowing the beta fish will pop out of bowl, I filled the bowl to the brim with water. The next day early immediately out of bed as usual,I went to see the fish and the bowl was empty. Sad but determined to get a new one before my daughter is awake, I tried to but one from a nearby market....I could not get one....not even any of my friends had one.
Inevitably my daughter found out that her dear Sea (that was the name of the betta fish) is no more. I saw the fish down on the floor somewhat dried and buried it in our backyard. It was very hard to console my daughter and that evening we bought another betta and my daughter named it Sea once more.
This time being careful I started reading and collecting information about betta fish, and you know what.....there is a lot of information about betta fish.